Giving back to the communities we serve isn’t just a responsibility – it’s a privilege.
ServiceMaster We Serve Day 2018
ServiceMaster We Care
We're a company built on a vision that inspires us to create and deliver innovative solutions and services for homes and businesses around the world. We know part of being a great company is being a responsible corporate citizen. That's why we strive to build public trust every day by protecting and maintaining the safety of the environment, our employees, our customers and our communities.
We Care is a pledge our more than 10,000 employees make every day to help ServiceMaster transform the customer experience, become a better place to work, and drive our corporate citizenship. It's our platform for supporting community organizations and building a network of employee volunteers that is second to none. Together, we remain focused on taking action to enrich the communities in which we live and work.
At ServiceMaster, our customers are at the very core of what we do and why we do it.
- We listen to our customers and are responsive in meeting their changing needs as consumers of our products and services.
- We adapt to our customers' evolving preferences and lifestyles while expanding our efforts to transform into a digital-first company to provide convenient access to trusted professional services.
At ServiceMaster, we are committed to fostering a culture where all employees are treated with respect and given an opportunity to contribute to our success.
- We encourage our employees to use their diversity of thought, experience, background and perspectives to instill trust and drive empowerment with each other, our franchisees and suppliers, and our valued customers.
- We're focused on maintaining a winning performance culture, which fosters diversity and inclusion and ensures the safety of each individual in our company.
- We promote active participation in our diverse Employee Resource Groups to create a culture of inclusion.
- We're proud to have been named one of Fortune magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016.
ServiceMaster's We Care is our community platform for giving and volunteerism. It guides our relationships with our customers and our diverse external partnerships.
- We Care Day, held annually on the third Friday of August, connects hundreds of our employees with local community organizations. In 2017, almost 3,000 ServiceMaster employees volunteered their time with one common goal: to build stronger communities where they live and work.
- Over the years, we have supported many local organizations throughout the United States, such as United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Girl Scouts of America, Junior Achievement, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, National Civil Rights Museum, Make-A-Wish Foundation, American Red Cross and Latino Memphis.
- Through the Dollars for Doers program, ServiceMaster recognizes employees who are involved in their communities by providing grants up to $500 to community organizations they support through volunteerism or by serving on a board of a local non-profit organization.
At ServiceMaster, we partner with our supplier network to promote quality products and innovation across our brands.
- We work closely with our vendor partners to ensure products or services are of the highest quality and demonstrate efficiencies around energy use, fuel consumption and packaging.
- We promote and maintain strong working vendor relationships by using key performance indicators. This includes conducting quarterly business reviews with key suppliers to ensure they are meeting our material, safety and quality standards.
The ServiceMaster fleet is continually evaluating greenhouse gas-friendly alternatives for ServiceMaster vehicles.
The ServiceMaster Real Estate team evaluates our overall property footprint with the goal of ensuring our corporate facilities are set up to reduce energy consumption and promote efficient operational environments.
- We are committed to looking at innovative ways to consolidate and manage our more than 2.3 million square-feet of office space around the United States.
- Our buildings on our existing corporate campus have been retrofitted with energy-efficient lighting and some building materials are recycled after use.
- We also will be following Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards in the build-out and construction of our new corporate headquarters, which is scheduled to open in early 2018 in Downtown Memphis.
Click here to read the ServiceMaster Environmental Health and Safety Statement.