Termites, insects, wildlife and other pests aren't just annoying - they can cause damage to your home. Terminix can help protect your home from unwanted pests.
Termite Prevention and Treatment
Termites make their way into your home or business through cracks as small as 1/32 of an inch. Once they're in, they can cause major structural damage.
There are three types of termites to worry about in North America:
- Drywood:These termites are found in a narrow strip along the Atlantic coast in Virginia, south to Florida, along the Gulf of Mexico to the northern Pacific coast in California. They build their colonies above ground and don't need contact with soil moisture to survive.
- Formosan:These termites are always hungry and eat both live and dead trees and wooden structures. With colonies of up to 10 million members, Formosan termites want a substantial source of food.
- Subterranean:Subterranean termites are the most common type of termites in North America and are most abundant in the south and southeastern United States. They build their colonies underground, where contact with the soil helps them maintain their moisture levels.
ServiceMaster protects your home against future termite invasions and stops existing infestations with Terminix termite treatment and prevention programs.
Treat existing termite infestations with bait that hungry termites bring to their colonies or a powerful fumigation agent that penetrates wood timbers, trim, finished wood and furniture.
Help protect your home from future infestations with our defensive perimeter bait system and termite coverage plan, which include annual inspections, treatment and damage repair.
Terminix can also treat and prevent pests like clothes moths, cockroaches, house ants, mice, millipedes, scorpions, silverfish and spiders.
Bed bugs aren't just found in homes. They can also live in hotels, movie theaters, in furniture and in cars – anywhere a human would be inactive enough long enough to provide a meal.
Bed bugs are skilled hitchhikers, and are primarily transported from place to place on humans and their belongings.
When staying somewhere new, check the box springs, bed frame and mattress for signs of bed bugs. Look for shed bed bug skins and shells, bed bug eggs (which are the size and color of a grain of rice), and dark spotting or staining.
Bed bug prevention can be difficult because it takes only one female bug or a few eggs deposited to begin a new infestation elsewhere. An infestation that begins in a single hotel room or apartment may spread to neighboring units.
If you suspect you have a bed bug infestation, schedule a consultation with a Terminix pest control professional. We'll discreetly treat your home, hotel or business to eliminate bed bugs, their eggs and nymphs.
Ants frequently enter homes in search of food and, once they're inside, there's little chance of them going away on their own.
Here are a few steps you can take to reduce the likelihood of ant infestations:
- Wipe down countertops and vacuum regularly, paying attention to your baseboards and cracks. Don't leave food sitting in your trash can - use a garbage disposal or take your trash out immediately.
- Store food in airtight containers and keep as much of it as possible in places that are difficult for ants to access (like the refrigerator and freezer).
- Ant control sprays can act as a deterrent, but they won't solve an ant infestation. In order to get rid of an infestation, the colony and its queen need to be destroyed. A professional pest control service like Terminix can eliminate ant colonies and help prevent them from coming back.
Rodents, squirrels, birds and other large pests can chew through wires, eat through drywall, tear insulation and cause expensive damage to your home or belongings.
Terminix can develop custom wildlife control plans to help you avoid serious damage and costly repairs by getting pests out and keeping them from coming back in.
How it works:
Bait and Trap
Terminix treatment plans include traditional traps, bait and other tools to get unwanted pests out of your home for good.
Seal and Secure
Our pest control experts patch, seal and secure your home from foundation to chimney.
We offer specialized one-way exclusion devices that allow wildlife and pests to escape while preventing them from coming back into your home.
Outdoor Pest Control
Defend your yard from unwelcome insects and pests.
Help prevent pests from taking up residence in your yard by keeping your grass cut short and clearing brush piles.
Insects only need a small opening to move from your backyard into your home. Walk around your house's exterior and check for tree limbs that touch the roof or side of your house. Also look for any openings around pipes, paneling, or outdoor units like your air conditioner. These provide quick access points for insects trying to enter your home and can be easily fixed.
Mosquito bites are annoying, and they can also lead to medical issues. While you'll never be able to fully eliminate mosquitoes, our proven Terminix mosquito control system helps reduce mosquito populations and is effective on many types of mosquito.
Here's how it works:
Once a month during mosquito season, Terminix will strategically spray areas around your home that attract mosquitoes with an environmentally-friendly formula. After the mosquitoes ingest the bait, they stop feeding on people and die, reducing the population.